Friday, June 29, 2012

Catching up! (slowly but surely) 4/28-5/8/2012

I have well over 50 days to post, so being the busy bee that I am, let's just catch up with a few of the things I have done and have done pictures for...starting with April 28th. Geez, how is it almost July?


04/28/2012 - Rolled Rubber Bracelet
I made this bracelet while sitting a hotel room in Everett, WA. I had grand plans of using bits from my SCRAP "To Go" kit that I won, but just didn't have the tools to make anything work. I just took a bit of inner tube I had with me and cut slits in it, then made a notched tab to close it and made this rolled bracelet. It reminds me of curlers for some reason. I am using the picture of me wearing it because the background of the picture looks like a high school senior picture and this amuses me.


04/29, 4/30, 5/1/2012 - "Strawberry" Plant Marker
I think this is my favorite of all the plant markers I have made. I had to 'pat myself on the back for my mad strawberry painting skills. Like the other markers, I used scrap wood from the wood pile and painted the signs. Now if I can only get the crows to stop eating the few that we have.




5/2, 5/3/2012 - "Corn" Plant Marker
I hope you don't think I am corny...but it took me three days to make this. I know, can't help myself sometimes. I blame a cute old school teacher who was always full of puns...I can't remember them very well, but something along the lines of city water being sick but because he lived in the country he had "well" water.



5/4/2012 - SCRAPPY Skirt
I took Zoe with me to a SCRAP fabric pricing party and she made friends with all the ladies. There was some clothing that was in with the fabric and put in the Goodwill pile, but Zoe sweet talked some of her new friends into helping her dress-up, one of her favorite past times. One of the skirts was rolled and rubberbanded onto her and she insisted on wearing it even when we stopped for ice cream on the ride home. I cut it down to to fit her (it was an adult woman's slip or something like that) and added an elastic band. It was well worth the quick fix to make it fit her to see her so happy to have it in dress up collection.



5/5/2012 - Toy Wire Ring
I am always on the prowl for this plastic coated wire from kids' toys, and my nephew's first birthday was no exception. Despite having a couple margaritas I was able to twist and tuck the wire into a little ring. I think it turned out surprisingly cute. This could be a fun craft for a group of little girls.


5/6/2012 - "Cucumbers" Plant Marker
It seems like most artists have a specific statement they are making in their work or have something they represent. This was the only plant marker that I made that felt deliberate. The lettering is kind of a currency font, but the Cs have curls on them like cucumber vines. The dotted lines on top and the bottom are supposed to be little cucumber seeds. This in turn kept making me think about the book "Little Women" when Jo and her sisters traded the pickle seeds, or something like that. I should probably re-read that book.



5/7, 5/8/2012 - Family Tree
This was a project for the mom of one of my dearest friends. I had made a tree like this before from woven inner tube, an old frame, bike chain links and spacers, but just used red beads and called it an apple tree. Since there are five kids in my friend's family, I thought it would be clever (I have my moments) to use beads that were the colors of each kid's birthstone.



Now I need to get to work catching up on pictures of the rest of my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment