Sunday, October 21, 2012

7/20/12 - Angry Birds Name Diorama

This project probably just shows that I have played Angry Birds one too many times. I made this for my husband's niece's birthday. The kid in me wished that my name was "Iris" so I could have kept it for myself, tee hee.

Reclaimed Material: wood scraps, plastic mailer, plastic toy packaging, Chinese food take-out handle, old cigar box
Other Material: clay, wire
Tools: hot glue gun, paint and brushes, marker, sand paper, scissors 

Random thoughts about this project: I haven't done a diorama since I was a kid, but they were some of my favorite school projects. It took me a while to figure out how to do the rocks. I started wrapping paper balls around the "s" shaped take out handle. I ended up wadding up bits of a plastic bag and hot gluing the "rocks" to the handle. A few fingerprints were lost in the process though.




No comments:

Post a Comment