Sunday, October 21, 2012

07/19/12 - Wooden Bible

I bought a piece of a wood flooring sample with a rubber strip on it from SCRAP because it reminded me of a book. After a few months, I had an "aha" moment and decided to turn it into a decorative "Bible" for my mom. Since the rubber strip could be removed, I decided after I painted it to turn it into a small keepsake box.

Reclaimed Material: Wood Flooring Sample
Other Material: none 
Tools: gold paint pen, drill, chisel


Random thoughts about this project: Painting this to look like a Bible was the easy part. Trying to chisel out the middle for the box portion without ruining the piece was a challenge. I hollowed out a little bit then set it aside thinking I had plenty of time to finish it for my mom's birthday in September...and I managed to forget about it until right before her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment