Wednesday, May 2, 2012

04/24/2012 - "Cabbage" Plant Marker

This wood scrap is from a finished piece of flooring and the finish and wood color seemed to go with red and black. I am beginning to regret this decision though.

Reclaimed Material: wood scrap
Other Material: none
Tools: paint, paint brushes, pencil, Uni-ball pen 

How I did it: This wood cleaned up easily because of the finish, so that was a breeze. I sketched on my lettering, then used the pen to fill in the lettering. I used red paint to make a box and paint the sides of the wood scrap, then finished off the lettering and box with the pen. 

What I would do differently: The Uni-ball ink flowed so nicely and worked great with the lettering...but it just will not dry! grrrrr. I have pencil marks underneath that I can't clean up because the ink won't dry and keep smudging. I am most likely going to redo this and maybe make a picture of a cabbage patch with different Zoe faces in each cabbage. I do love the lettering style though.

No comments:

Post a Comment