Wednesday, May 2, 2012

04/22/2012 - "Tomatoes" Plant Marker

Can you tell I am on a gardening kick? I have never been as excited about gardening as I am this year. It must be all this Oregon rubbing off on me. I am quite certain I won't let myself kill too many plants this year. Well, I am hoping my little markers will keep me motivated. 

Reclaimed Material: wood scrap
Other Material: none
Tools: paint, paint brushes

How I did it: The piece I used is from a broken vintage cigar box so I only had to clean it up a bit. I sketched out the design and painted "tomatoes" on the front.

What I would do differently: Now that I have gotten around to doing this post, I have done 4 other markers and each one has gotten progressively more interesting. I still like it, but maybe next year I will redo the tomato marker to have more character.

No comments:

Post a Comment