Tuesday, July 31, 2012

05/22-05/30/2012

One month down, two to go!


05/22/2012 - Rubber/Tab Bracelet
I had a hankering to make a pop tab bracelet, maybe because I was fixing up my Pop Tab Dress for a project. I have used ribbon in the past to make these, but there is no give and the bracelets had to be made too loose to fit over the wrist. To solve this issue, I cut thin strips of inner tubes to weave through the tabs. The problem this can only be done in black. At least the bead colors can be changed.



  05/23/2012 - DIY Coupon Book
I bought one of the SCRAP kits at the Destination DIY Makin' It Party to make a coupon book. This is a pretty ingenious idea. Use old envelopes, stickers and cardboard to put it together. I have heard of people who use old envelopes to put their coupons in and write their shopping list on the envelope. I did get carried away with chatting and enjoying a couple beers, so I didn't finish decorating the front, but it is perfectly functional.









05/24/2012 - Cork Bracelet or Wine Bottle Decor?
I have to admit I kind of mailed it in on this one. I was so pooped when it was time for bed, I had almost forgotten to do my craft. I took the wire handle from Chinese food boxes and pushed it through a cork. It didn't turn out as nice I imagined it would. This project did lull me into a false sense of brilliance though. Despite my tired state, I started thinking of ways I could make this work as wine charms by cutting the cork into disks, decorating then wiring it. A few days later I saw my exact thought on Pinterest. There are so many cool reuse ideas out there, they just need to be found or tried out. 



05/25/2012 - Tubing Weave
I really though using a plastic look would help me make something with this obstinate rubber tubing, but, alas, this is all I came up with. Even though it doesn't look like it, I spend a lot of time trying to make this work, grrrrr!






 


05/26/2012 - Guitar Stir Stick Earrings
I really to love when people give me their fancy garbage! Grandma BJ brought me some Hard Rock Cafe stir sticks home after a trip she went on. She is so cute...I think she may have ordered an extra Arnold Palmer to bring enough home for me to use. I cut off the stick parts and drilled holes in the guitars. The black beads are from a broken necklace I bought at SCRAP. They are really fun, but not my style, so they will have to make their way onto Etsy.




 05/27/2012 - Game Night Coasters
I love the pictures from old games. The dad is dressed in a suit playing a board game with the family. I took rusty mason jar rings and SCRAP tiles (they were originally for another project) and cut the family pictures to fit into the rings. I used E600 to glue the rings to the tiles and mod podged the pictures.

 
05/28/2012 - Guitar Stir Stick Choker
With one remaining stir stick, I made a pendant, but I only had a short piece of the broken necklace left from making the earrings. I turned it into a choker with the clasp in the front. I took a ring from another bit of broken jewelry to hook the end to.









05/29/2012 - Flower Coin Purse
I thought I had taken a picture of a cute little coin purse I made as a gift, but cannot find it anywhere. Please take my word on it! I cut and stitched rubber inner tube into the size of a coin purse, then added a zipper. I cut a flower from a tube and used a decorative eyelet to attach it.



05/30/2012 - Rubber Tubing Ring
Success! I finally did a project with the rubber tubing that didn't drive me to the edge of crafting madness! I pushed a piece of a take out food handle through the tubing and twisted it into a ring. It reminded me of the toy wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment