Tuesday, July 31, 2012

06/05, 06, 11, 14/2012 - "Tiger's Eye Beans" Plant Marker

I have said this about most of the plant marker, but this one really is my favorite! I got some seeds for these beans from one of my wonderful SCRAP volunteer friends.

Reclaimed Material: flooring/wood scraps
Other Material: none
Tools: paint and paintbrushes, screws, drill, polyurethane, wood glue


Random thoughts about this project: Since the markers are for the garden, I sprayed the heck out of them with polyurethane coating to protect them from the elements, watering, etc. I need to do my research about the polyurethane coating, but I didn't coat the bottom half of the stick, so I don't think there should be any worries of it leaching into the soil. That is just my uneducated guess though.






No comments:

Post a Comment