Wednesday, February 1, 2012

01/30/2012 - Cardboard Tube Owl

Whooo" loves this project? I do! The flu bug has stricken my household and this was all the energy I could summon to fulfill my New Year's Resolution. This was a great pin I found on Pinterest, http://pinterest.com/pin/181621797442261216/. Not sure if that link will work, but here are some similar instructions: http://www.frugalfamilyfunblog.com/2010/10/owl-family-play-set.html. 
Reclaimed Material: toilet paper roll, fabric scraps, map 
Other/New Material: googly eyes 
Tools: glue, tape, scissors

How I did it: The first thing I did was cut the map (that came with junk mail) to fit around the roll and glued it to the roll. I focused the map on my new home state of Oregon. I folded down the top of the tube to make the owl's ears and taped it down. The scraps I used for the wings and beak are from a Christmas fleece project and are green and yellow in honor of my hubby's Oregon Ducks. I cut and glued the scraps on and added the googly eyes.

What I would do differently: Next time I will include my daughter on this owl-rific adventure...once the flu bug has left the premises. I just covered the roll, but will paint it next time. I also saw a cute little picture of this project where both ends were folded down to make a little gift box. Too cute.

1 comment:

  1. lol - your projects are so cool and this is fun to read - i thoroughly am enjoying your new years resolution

    ReplyDelete