Wednesday, February 1, 2012

01/31/2012 - SCRAP Name Badge

I signed up to volunteer at one of my favorite Portland places, SCRAP PDX and was given a plastic sleeve filled with all kinds of goodies to create my volunteer name badge. I love the idea of having the volunteers make their own name badges using random scraps of paper and bits.

Reclaimed Material: paper scraps, name badge holder, lanyard, aluminum flowers left over from the hair pin project, metal clip from a coffee bag
Other/New Material: none
Tools: scissors, glue stick, glue dots, super glue, markers, rubber stamps (included in SCRAP pack), stamp pads

How I did it: The pack that I picked out to make my name badge contained a badge holder and lanyard; magazine picture of a wood carving of a woman; photo copy of a turn of the 19th century advertisement; a card that someone else had decorated with green hearts, gold foil and drew on; metallic card with flowery design and hold punched in it; camel colored and maroon colored paint samples; large greenish-brown card stock; fancy green paper; "z" stamper; "f" stamper; and plastic white dove. I felt the need to list it all out because I love the awesome randomness that somehow all flowed together. I used the "f" stamper to make a template for name on the red and cut it out. The rest is just random designs and additions and there isn't much to explain.
 
What I would do differently: This project is one that depends on the creative mood -- it could be completely different if I did it a month from now. I am not sure if I like how the letters I cut out in red look with the black outline, but that would be a minor change. I think this is a fabulous idea for any reuse/recycling organization, or any group for that matter, to use up office scraps for meetings and conferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment