Tuesday, February 14, 2012

02/13/2012 - Scrappy Valentine's Day Card

Quick little project - my homemade Valentine's Day card for my hubby, awwww, aren't I such a nice wife? This is more scrapbooky than anything else. There are lots of great scrapbooking supplies that people can buy, but you can save a little money by checking your garbage or recycling bin once in a while for supplies. My printer ink was out, so I couldn't use the picture I printed for its original purpose and used it on this card.


Reclaimed Material: cardboard food box, leftover gift bag scraps, misprinted picture
Other/New Material: none
Tools: glue, scissors, markers

How I did it: I don't think this really requires and explanation but I cut out the box to the card size and glued the picture and hearts cut out from the gift bag to the front. I colored the back panel with a marker and glued a few hearts on the back. I used one of the ribbon handles from the bag to wrap around the fold. 

What I would do differently: I could have gone fancier with the card, but wanted to use up some scrap pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment