Thursday, January 19, 2012

01/18/2012 - Tic Tac Toe Game

Sometimes things "speak to me" and this aluminum tray from a package of frozen bread seemed to be screaming to me "I want to be a tic tac toe game! I want to be a tic tac toe game!" This was fun to make and is on the refrigerator now for my family to enjoy.

Recycled Material: aluminum tray, game pieces
Other Material: round magnets, magnet sheet 
Tools: hot glue gun, multi-purpose glue


How I did it: I had some printable magnet sheets left over from a project from a few years ago and cut one of the sheets down to fit the back of this tray. I used the multi-purpose glue to affix the magnet sheet to the back of the aluminum. (Hot glue and aluminum do not play well together.) I used 10 checkers pieces (5 of each color) and hot glued a round magnet to the back of each of the game pieces. I let the magnets cool/dry and stuck it on the fridge.

What I would do differently: I have a stash of random game pieces so I used the checkers pieces, but this would be just as fun using bottle caps, milk tops or other plastic caps. I left the edge on the aluminum for easy storage for the pieces when it was taken off the fridge since the back magnet was too weak to hold the checker magnets.

No comments:

Post a Comment