Friday, January 27, 2012

01/26/2012 - Doll Skin Tattoo Bracelet

I know the title sounds morbid, but really, it is just plastic. I have been wanting to do something with doll parts that I had and this is what I came up with. I figured if kids like to color and draw on their plastic dolls, I would give it a try too. Also, if you don't want a tattoo, you can use doll skin as an alternative lol. 


Reclaimed Material: discarded doll torso
Other Material: none
Tools: scissors, nail file, Sharpie markers 

How I did it: I cut a ring from the torso of the doll body about 1/2" wide. The plastic was a bit thick, so the edges were not clean. I used a nail file to smooth the edges. I drew the tree branch design around the bracelet then decided it needed a little color and added little green leaves.

What I would do differently: I couldn't find the sandpaper, so I used a rough nail file, next time, I will save the file and use sandpaper. Maybe the doll arms would make good rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment