Wednesday, January 25, 2012

01/24/2012 - License Plate Art, Part Deux

Yes, this project looks exactly like the one from the day before. This is the finished product that ended up taking me longer than I thought it would (finished it up today - the 25th) but I really loved how it turned out.

Recycled Material: license plate, rubber
Other Material: paint
Tools: paint brushes, palette, scissors

How I did it:  I painted the 3rd plate similar to the other two, but added a yellow flower because it made me smile. I a couple strips of rubber about 1/4" thick, painted the strips then used them to tie the plates together. I did a round braid to make the top hanger. I painted the strips blue but they look really dark painted on the black rubber.

What I would do differently: Again, I am happy with how this project turned out, so there is nothing I would do differently. Since this project stretched over 3 days the project for the 25th is just a little one.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Liz, I love this! I want to make something like this for the boys room. What other items besides license plates do you think I could use for this project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wood, metal, or pressed board scraps would be good. Another idea would be to check at thrift stores or garage sales to see if they have ugly canvas or framed art you can repaint over. I am excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete