Wednesday, March 14, 2012

02/15/2012 - Crocheted Rubber Bracelet

Time to catch up on my posts...no more traveling, research papers or sick kids! I had to dust off my crochet skills to do this project. I have never tried a crochet project that required any deviation from the regular crochet, so this may be the fanciest thing I have crocheted.

Reclaimed Material: bicycle inner tube, beads from SCRAP
Other/New Material: none
Tools: scissors, crochet hook (J)

How I did it: I had skinny strips of rubber left over from another project. The strip I used was about 1/16" wide. I began by crocheting a regular chain stitch. I started the next line of crochet and added a bead every 4 hooks. I was going to do one more chain, but decided it didn't need it. Lastly, I tied the ends together.

What I would do differently: I will definitely try this again. Next time I will use a bigger crochet hook. It turned out a little messier than I had intended, but I still like it enough to wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment