Tuesday, March 20, 2012

03/04/2012 - Toilet Paper Roll Tree

This project did not turn out anything like I wanted it to. I saw this neat cut out online of tree branches cut out of the toilet paper rolls (#5 Toilet Paper Art).

Reclaimed Material: toilet paper roll
Other/New Material: none
Tools: X-acto knife, pencil

How I did it: I sketched out the tree branch on the toilet paper roll before I started cutting it out. I cut out the branch and pulled it away from the roll. 

What I would do differently: The picture looks like a dorky monster trying to eat its own arm, so there is a lot I would do differently. The biggest issue I had was a dull X-acto blade and I didn't realize I had run out of fresh ones, so this is not as detailed as I wanted it to be. I think I will leave this one to the paper art professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment