Friday, March 16, 2012

02/21/2012 - Airline Food Plate

Long gone are the good ol' days of getting a free bag of peanuts or pretzels on airplanes. I bought one of the little snack packs on my flight to Chicago and it came with a little square plastic plate. It seemed a shame to throw it out so I stuck it in my bag. My artsy sister gave me access to her paints and paint brushes to keep up with my resolution during my visit. She also had a wonderful supply of cool garbage waiting for me to transform. Hooray Julie!

Reclaimed Material: plastic plate
Other/New Material: none
Tools: paint, brushes, painter's tape

How I did it: I taped the edges of the plate, then left a little space to paint a line then taped inside. I painted the line then let it dry. After the line dried I removed the tape and painted the design in the middle.

What I would do differently: I was happy to have access to my sister's supplies, so not much to do differently, except maybe lacquer it. I gave the plate to my mom to use as a little gift plate or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment