Monday, March 19, 2012

02/23/2012 - PLARN!

Plastic + Yarn = Plarn. This plastic yarn was easier to make than I thought. There are lots of great things that knitters are making with this. I even heard of a Girl Scout group a few years ago collecting plastic grocery bags to turn into Plarn as part of a fundraiser...pretty cool.

Reclaimed Material: plastic grocery bags
Other/New Material: none
Tools: scissors 

How I did it: I thought that knitters made the plarn by cutting one long strip from each bag and tying them together as they went along, but this seemed so cumbersome, not to mention hard to get an even cut. I found these simple instructions: plarn making. I followed the instructions and rolled the plarn into a ball.

What I would do differently: I guess I could use newspaper bags for this too, but this seems like a good use of plastic grocery bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment