Friday, March 30, 2012

03/11/2012 - Game Board Storage Box

I was lucky enough to inherit a bunch of old games with missing pieces...most of which I had never heard of like "Little Genius Club".

Reclaimed Material: game board
Other/New Material: none
Tools: box cutter, ruler, black electrical tape

How I did it: I sliced the game board in half along the fold with the box cutter. I measured one half of the board and divided it into 3 parts with the center being cut larger than the two ends, which were cut equally. I cut the other half of the game board the same way. I taped the two large center pieces and two of the smaller ends together like a box. I then took one of the short end pieces and taped it to the bottom of the box I created. For the lid, I taped one side of the remaining short end for the lid. I used the tape to edge the lid.

What I would do differently: I would like to find some type of book binding tape, or I guess brown packing tape would work too. This is not completely done because I am going to cover the black tape. I saw instruction for making masking tape look like leather by rubbing it with brown shoe polish, which I would like to do because I think it would match this old game board. I also need to find a game piece that will match as a little handle for this.

1 comment:

  1. duct tape is similar to book binding tape.... take it from an industry professional, lol!! hehe

    I WANT STARBUCKS EARRINGS!! THEY ARE TOO COOL! :)

    ReplyDelete