Tuesday, March 20, 2012

03/03/2012 - Mardi Gras Bead Hairband

Zoe got an awesome package from her Grandma Judy in Chicago celebrating all the spring holidays, including some fun Mardi Gras masks and beads. She had a little bit too much fun with the necklaces and broke a couple, so they got added to my craft supply. This could be done with none broken beads and a rubber band or piece of elastic too.

Reclaimed Material: beaded necklaces, bicycle inner tube
Other/New Material: none
Tools: scissors

How I did it: The first thing that I had to do was tie the broken ends back together, so I took really skinny strip of the rubber and tied it between the end beads to connect them. Next I lined up the two necklaces where I tied them together and folded it in half. I took another rubber strip and looped it around the necklace fold and the skinny strips used to tie the beads back together and tied the bigger strip together.


What I would do differently: There were a few other ideas that I was going to try, but they just didn't quite work out. I know there are about a million different things to do with these colorful buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment