Monday, March 19, 2012

02/24/2012 - Plastic Flowers

Hotel crafting anyone? I have a slight Dr. Pepper addiction and never realized how cool the scalloped design on the top of the bottle was.

Reclaimed Material: plastic bottles with lids
Other/New Material: none
Tools: scissors, tape

How I did it: I used the imprint on the top of the Dr. Pepper bottle as a guide and cut around it to make the petals of the flower. I also cut a water bottle, but make up the petal cuts as I went along. I didn't have any glue just black electrical tape so I had to figure out how to attach the lids as the centers of the flowers without the tape showing. I cut a piece from the rest of the bottle and rolled it so it would fit snugly in the neck of the bottle. I folded the tape in half, sticky side out and wrapped it around the rolled piece of plastic and put the lid over the tape and repeated with the second flower.

What I would do differently: Absolutely would use glue instead of black electrical tape! I think these would make cute wine stopper tops by using old corks in the neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment