Friday, March 30, 2012

03/10/2012 - Plastic Flowers


I can't stop making these flowers! I saved the colorful plastic that comes with flowers from the D.C. trip. I think the airline baggage inspectors thought I was a nut job bringing home a suitcase half full of garbage. I couldn't decide which Zoe picture to use so I have a couple of her. She is becoming a ham with the pictures.

Reclaimed Material: plastic papery flower wrap, toy wire, ribbon
Other/New Material: none
Tools: scissors, glue

How I did it: Just like the paper flower wreath, I cut out squares of the plastic and then cut it in a circular swirl. I rolled the pieces and viola...flowers. I used the toy wire as the stems and glued the center of each flower to a piece of toy wire. I then recoiled the flowers and glued the end around the base of the flower by the wire to keep it from uncoiling. I tied them together with a piece of ribbon from a balloon to hold the bouquet together.

What I would do differently: I am not sure what I am going to do with the flowers yet, but they are just fun to do. Zoe is really enjoying playing with them. I think I am going to use the rest of the plastic and scraps to make "grass" for Zoe's Easter basket.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!!!! love the Z pics, and the roses are beautiful!! it would be so pretty to tuck one in a bow on a present - i still have more "garbage" for you - it costs a lot to send (or check on a flight), lol! i have an old iron that you might be interested in.

    ReplyDelete