Friday, March 30, 2012

03/09/2012 - Rubber Triangle Bracelet

I wanted to try something funky with a piece of inner tube, but I am not sure this translated well from the mental picture I had of this. This is kind of geometric, 80s-ish. I can't help but think of Jem and the Holograms. Wow, that makes me sou

Reclaimed Material: rubber inner tube
Other/New Material: none
Tools: scissors, X-acto knife 

How I did it: I cut a long triangle from the rubber long enough to fit around my wrist with a little bit of overlap. I cut two vertical slits on the short side of the triangle for the point to fit in.

What I would do differently: I should have cut the triangle longer. The point pulls out of the slits a bit. OK, sorry, that sounds worse than I mean it to, I am now getting my mind out of the gutter. This is really boring and needs some pizazz...glitter? sparkles? diamonds?

No comments:

Post a Comment