Sunday, April 1, 2012

03/14/2012 - Cork Planter Magnet

I had seen an artist who makes necklaces that have little plants growing in them. I think that is beyond my skill set, but when I saw these little cork planters on Pinterest I had to give this a try.

Reclaimed Material: champagne cork
Other/New Material: jade plant, magnet
Tools: drill with large bid, hot glue

How I did it: I used the large drill bit to make a hold in the center of the cork without drilling all the way down. I hot glued a magnet onto one side of the cork. I pulled a little jade plant sprout with the roots from a plant. I fit the plant root down, of course, into the hole then sprinkled some of the plant dirt in the hole. I put a little water on the plant and stuck it on the fridge.

What I would do differently: I didn't see any instructions for this so I just made it up as I went along. The plant is still alive, so I must done it the right way. I like this cork because it was vase-like, but looking at the picture now, it would have been cute to put a little ribbon around it.

Hey, this looks like a pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment