Sunday, April 8, 2012

04/05/2012 - Easter Grass

Easter grass...what a scam! Yes, it is cheap, but you are just buying shredded up bits of colored plastic that have no use other than cushioning the basket.

Reclaimed Material: plastic flower paper, Mylar balloon
Other Material: none
Tools: scissors 

How I did it: I folded flower paper (left over from making flowers) and folded it in half lengthwise again and again. I cut vertical strips, about 1/8" wide until all the paper was cut. For the Mylar balloon, I trimmed off the edges that were glued/melted together, then cut it the same way. I mixed the pieces together and ended up with some colorful and shiny Easter grass for Zoe's basket!

What I would do differently: A paper shredded would have made this process go faster, but ours cross shreds so it wouldn't have worked. No biggie because I only have one child to worry about. Colorful paper would work just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment