Sunday, April 1, 2012

03/13/2012 - Round Decorative Tin

More goodies, courtesy of my sister. She gets the nicest and fanciest garbage! I think I am jealous. She gave me a bunch of ribbon and tulle, along with little metal flowers that were packaging for something she bought. The little container said "party eyelashes" -- ooooh la la, so I had to figure out a way to cover up the words.

Reclaimed Material: metal tin, metal flower
Other/New Material: none
Tools: paint pen, glitter glue, push pin

How I did it: I used a gold paint pen to cover the words on the lid. Once the paint dried, I put a dab of glitter glue on the end of each petal. I used a push pin to make a hole in the center of the lid (plastic). The little metal bauble had a little knob on the back which I pushed through the hole in the lid.

What I would do differently: I should have been a little neater with the paint pen on this, but overall I am happy with how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment