Friday, April 27, 2012

04/17/2012 - Tiny Rubber Sign

I found a nice little stash of tiny wooden frames at SCRAP and thought it would be fun to make mini-rubber pictures. The frames are all about 3"x3" or x4". I think they would make fun magnets.

Reclaimed Material: rubber inner tube, frame
Other Material: none
Tools: scissors, staple gun, paint pen

How I did it: I cut a piece of rubber from a fat inner tube that covered the entire 3"x3" frame with overlap. I stretched the rubber over the frame and stapled it to the wood. I used the paint pen to paint the bicycle sign onto the rubber.

What I would do differently: This project did not go smoothly at all! It should have taken me about 10 minutes to do this instead of an hour. The regular staple gun wouldn't push the staples all the way into the frame and then some parts of the frame got splintered. I switched to an electric staple gun and really did not have any better luck. For these little guys I think I need to use flat push pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment