Sunday, April 1, 2012

03/19/2012 - Game Piece Hourglass

I was still in basket making mode, but needed a diversion, so I used up some game pieces. I need to take a moment to discuss how much I love paint pens, especially the metallic ones. They make my crafting life much easier. I love you paint pens, you are so wonderful. 

Reclaimed Material: checker pieces, splash sticks, game timer
Other/New Material: none
Tools: clippers, gold paint pen, hot glue gun

How I did it: I took the left over sticks from the splash stick earrings and cut down two more a little taller than the height of the timer (the ends fit into a crevice in the checker pieces). I painted the sticks and the checker pieces with the gold pen and let them dry. I put a dab of hot glue in the center of one the checker pieces and set the time on it. Since I didn't want the hot glue to show, I put some of the glue on a scrap of cardboard and dipped one end of each stick in the glue and tucked it into the crevice on the checker. Once all four pieces were glued things got a little tricky. I let the glue set, then dipped the other ends of the stick in the glue and put the other checker on top of them. I had to work quickly so the hot glue wouldn't dry.

What I would do differently: There is nothing to change, and I probably won't get a chance to repeat this project unless I come across another discarded game timer, if I do I need to start playing the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment