Tuesday, April 17, 2012

04/15/2012 - Gift Tags

After a quick search, I found that a set of 6 gift tags can be purchased at Target for $3.99. This project proves that you don't have to be really crafty to make a cheap or no cost gift tag. These are just neatly designed clothing tags that had enough open space to be used as gift tags.

Reclaimed Material: clothing tags
Other Material: none
Tools: scissors, paper cutter, paint pen, glue

How I did it: For the tags with the birdies and circles, all I did was trim off two sides with text on them using the paper cutter. I used the scissors to round off the end diagonal from the original rounded end. Really simple! I glued one of the pieces from the birdies tags to the black tag to cover a larger block of text. I used my trusty ol' paint pen to mark out random text lines, but couldn't resist leaving the words of wisdom printed on it.

What I would do differently: Gift tags can literally be made from anything, but by using clothing tags that still have strings on them, you save a bit of time. Random ideas for tags are cereal boxes, magazine covers, plastic bits, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment