Monday, April 2, 2012

03/27/2012 - Finishing up Rubber Frame

This frame took much longer than I anticipated it to. I was working on it in the middle of the family room floor and I think every family member, even the dog managed to walk on it while I was sitting there.

Reclaimed Material: rubber inner tubes, wooden frame
Other/New Material: staples
Tools: scissors, staple gun

How I did it: I finished weaving the horizontal strips through the vertical, pulled them taut and stapled them to the other side. Because the strips were so thin I had to continuously straighten them out as I went along.

What I would do differently: Next time I do a frame this large, I definitely need to use larger strips (I think I said that already), but it really paid off because the weave looks really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment