Tuesday, April 17, 2012

04/13/2012 - Raised Bed


OK, this is a bit of a stretch as part of my resolution, but after a day of hauling a yard of dirt and building one of the beds, I was pooped. At least I set the resin for the Starbucks pin and prepared materials for the next day's craft.

Reclaimed Material: fill dirt with compost
Other Material: fir wood boards
Tools: cordless drill, screws


How I did it: Jason had all the wood measured and cut so "all" I had to do was put it together. The wood was quite heavy so I built them in place and put concrete pavers at each corner. Grandma BJ helped me steady the board in place while I screwed them. She is one impressive lady.

What I would do differently: I think I subconsciously counted this because I am excited about my big ol' raised beds! Thanks to my awesome hubby who did most of the work! The trick will be to keep the plants alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment