Monday, April 2, 2012

03/26/2012 - Super Hero Wristbands

Super powers are not included in this craft...unless you count the power of crafting! I think this would be a perfect craft for a kid's superhero birthday party! Also, I love Wonder Woman, so I may just have to wear these out and about town.

Reclaimed Material: cardboard coffee sleeve, Velcro
Other/New Material: none
Tools: scissors, paint, paintbrush, pencil, ruler

How I did it: I pulled each sleeve apart where they were glued together, then wrapped one around my wrist to figure out the size and trimmed off the excess (making sure to cut off the glue-y part. Next I coated the front of the sleeves with paint, then waited for it to dry. I used the ruler to draw out the stars then painted the stars red. I got adhesive Velcro strips from SCRAP and cut one piece long enough to fit the height of the sleeve. I then cut the Velcro in half vertically because it was thick and used one piece for each wristband.

What I would do differently: I usually do my crafting once Zoe is asleep but this is one I need to do again so she can make her own bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment